Discuss Your Cordless Grinder Experiences Wanted in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

On one

Hi All
As it's the New Year I fancy a new toy,as in a cordless grinder.

Sense tells me to keep with Makita as I already have the Makita 18v impact driver and an 18v drill with batteries and charger,but getting a bare bodied grinder with a accompanying box seems like a mission impossible.

Has anyone got any reviews,good or bad for this piece of kit. What makes one grinder so much more money than another?

I

Italy

I have the same problem.
I grinder makita 14v, 1 battery caput.
undecided whether to buy the battery about 100 €, or change grinder.

S

Spud

they are handy for small trim cuts but I have gone through several sets of electric brushes on mine over the years, it needs a new set right now

L

LM

I have a metabo 4.0h, with two batteries.l have to say it's taken some hammering and it's still going strong. I use it a lot with a grinding cup to smooth down rough perimeters on screeds etc, great mobility with it. With tools like these you definitely get what you pay for, Hilti, Metabo to name a few

O

One Day

I've the same as Deano. It's brilliant. Especially smoother than my corded grinder, so i get smoother cuts.

M

MTiler

I have the Makita LXT 18v BGA452 with 2 3.0ah batteries. Had it a few years, mainly got it for site work for cutting mosaics. Its great.

O

On one

Just out of interest how long would a 4ah battery last if used on and off all day........a few hours,half a day,a full day?(how long is a piece of string and all that)

magga

TF
Reaction score
So, looking at their brushless models, there is a dga454 and a dga455, seems one has a paddle switch and the other a normal, does anyone see any great benefit of the paddle switch?

Reply to Your Cordless Grinder Experiences Wanted in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks