Discuss work wanted in Canada in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

leecass

Hi
I am new to this forum and basically am looking to move to Canada if I can find work. Have been quoted £8000 just to line me up with job interviews over there by an employment agency and just wondered if anyone had any advice or if I'm really lucky a job offer !! I have 20 years experience and have full city and guilds qualification and just want a new challenge. Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to tilersforums.com | Tile Forums | Tiling Forum!

Welcome to tilersforums.com leecass. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Reaction score
Hi leecass:welcome:

Whereabouts in Canada are you looking at mate? I've been through the whole process to move to NS and had 3 job offers, but the wife got cold feet at the last minute:thumbsdown:

L

leecass

Hi leecass:welcome:

Whereabouts in Canada are you looking at mate? I've been through the whole process to move to NS and had 3 job offers, but the wife got cold feet at the last minute:thumbsdown:
Hiya
Looking at Nova Scotia if possible but not sure whether to go out there and have a look at getting job interviews or to apply over internet.Expensive immigration firm have said they can line me up loads of interviews , but as I said wanted 8k for it !
Thanks Lee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by merlecollins
Hi leecass

Whereabouts in Canada are you looking at mate? I've been through the whole process to move to NS and had 3 job offers, but the wife got cold feet at the last minute
Hiya
Looking at Nova Scotia if possible but not sure whether to go out there and have a look at getting job interviews or to apply over internet.Expensive immigration firm have said they can line me up loads of interviews , but as I said wanted 8k for it !
Thanks Lee

You've GOT to go out first mate:thumbsup:
If you're good at your job and come across OK, you'll be beating them off with a stick:thumbsup:
Do it all yourself mate, don't pay stupid money that you could keep for your re-settlement expenses, go out there and meet with the relevant 'Regional Development Agencies' of the counties you are looking at - the lady at Cumberland in NS is lovely for a start as is the Halifax woman, they will help you find prospective employers:thumbsup:

The forms are a doddle, albeit exhaustive, so don't panic about them either:thumbsup:

If you need anymore help at all, don't hesitate to PM me:thumbsup:

GOOD LUCK:thumbsup:

L

leecass

Thanks very much mate . I will start the ball rolling with a couple of emails and arrange a trip over there .Lee:8:

Reply to work wanted in Canada in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks