Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wonky Eave in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Morning all. One wall of my work in progress wetroom has an eave, and I envisaged there would be some form of wonkyness, being a very old property, but after drawing a level line across, I didn’t expect this much.

We’ve chosen(but not bought) some 10x330 ceramic tiles and intended to have them brick bonded with a contrasting grout.

Larger tiles would obviously hide the imperfection much better, but it’s taken me and the better half ages to agree on a tile.

Any thoughts? Crap photo, but basically the pencil line is level, so the corner runs up a couple inches by the end. I wasn’t going to tile the return, only the vertical face

image.jpg

S

Spare Tool

The paint needs addressing anyway, how about overboarding LH wall with M/R plasterboard and raking it in to a level line marked starting at your highest point in the far corner, gradually bring the board out with dabs( then mechanically fix once dry)from the wall and up to the level line, it will throw the wall offsquare to back wall though so the two inch out will show on floor to wall transition, but if your using larger tiles for floor won't show as much....

OP
A
Reaction score
The paint needs addressing anyway, how about overboarding LH wall with M/R plasterboard and raking it in to a level line marked starting at your highest point in the far corner, gradually bring the board out with dabs( then mechanically fix once dry)from the wall and up to the level line, it will throw the wall offsquare to back wall though so the two inch out will show on floor to wall transition, but if your using larger tiles for floor won't show as much....

Andy, Your suggestion prompted me to look at the floor for squareness, and the floor actually runs wider at the Lh side of the lh wall which explains the shape of the eave. I wrongly assumed I had natural sag in 100+ year old timbers. Your suggestion would fix both the floor and the eave

OP
A
Reaction score
Yup, she's flatter than a witches tit!

I might be a diy'er, but i've done enough tile to know that what you are tile onto makes things sooo much easier. A weekend burned up (ok plenty tea breaks and a trailer run to the builders merchants), but will make things so much easier, and i'll have to look at it every day also :)

Reply to Wonky Eave in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock