Discuss wll prep??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
hi all im a bit confused
im in th process of tiling my bathroom [shower over bath] ive removed the old tiles that were on the 3 walls around the bath but when doing it some of the plaster as come away i intend to use a tanking kit on these walls so can i just tank these walls and then tle them [im using 300x600 porcelin tile]
i dont realy want o go down thebording route
also the rest of the walls are painted an the guy at the shop said just score these before tiling them
any advise would be greatfull as i want to get on with the job cheers george

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
hi all im a bit confused
im in th process of tiling my bathroom [shower over bath] ive removed the old tiles that were on the 3 walls around the bath but when doing it some of the plaster as come away i intend to use a tanking kit on these walls so can i just tank these walls and then tle them [im using 300x600 porcelin tile]
i dont realy want o go down thebording route
also the rest of the walls are painted an the guy at the shop said just score these before tiling them
any advise would be greatfull as i want to get on with the job cheers george
Hi , can you post some pics of how bad the damage is ... also what type of paint is it.

Reply to wll prep??? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks