Discuss Will thick DPM sheet act as a poor mans decoupling membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com
Checkout our sister-sites Tiling Tools | Tiling Courses | UK Tiling News

B

Billy123

-
Reaction score
Hi,

I've put some latex self level on a ply overlay(all done right) and wondered if I could use some thick DPM sheet as a decoupling membrane - am totally skint and wondered if anyone has tried this or what you think please?

cheers

B

Billy123

-
Reaction score
Ok, well looks like that's a no go - thanks for the quick replies anyway 👍

B

Billy123

-
Reaction score
Deffo not.
Cheers for the answer, do you think I could get away without using a decoupling membrane if I've used a flexi latex(cempolatex) self level with flexi adhesive? Its for a standard bathroom(not wet room) with no underfloor heating.

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers for the answer, do you think I could get away without using a decoupling membrane if I've used a flexi latex(cempolatex) self level with flexi adhesive? Its for a standard bathroom(not wet room) with no underfloor heating.
You said onto ply. How thick and what’s underneath?

B

Billy123

-
Reaction score
You said onto ply. How thick and what’s underneath?
25mm WBP screwed down on floorboards screws everywhere and with 5mm gaps between any ply. It feels VERY solid now with absolutely no movement.

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
25mm WBP screwed down on floorboards screws everywhere and with 5mm gaps between any ply. It feels VERY solid now with absolutely no movement.
Overkill 😂 but ye thats fine.

B

Billy123

-
Reaction score
Overkill 😂 but ye thats fine.
Cheers Dave, thanks for the info 👍👍👍. BTW Dave could you please tell me your thoughts about decoupling membrane on a concrete floor that has self level with no UFH - needed or overkill?

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers Dave, thanks for the info 👍👍👍. BTW Dave could you please tell me your thoughts about decoupling membrane on a concrete floor that has self level with no UFH - needed or overkill?
As long as there’s no cracking in the screed then no need.

Reply to Will thick DPM sheet act as a poor mans decoupling membrane? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)