Discuss why you shouldn't tile over vinyl tiles.. in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
18,366 184
011.jpg015.jpg ripped this floor up this week, tiles were on top of vinyl tiles, thought they sounded hollow when i tapped them, ripped 20m2 up in less than an hour, took me longer to clear the mess up................so if anyone wants to know if they can tile on to vinyl tiles..........be warned you could be risking a serious failure..

Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
18,366 184
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
tiles were stuck to the vinyl tiles but the vinyl tiles were no longer stuck to the floor..

macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
1,876 10
After you prised them up, or were they lifting on their own accord? (ie failure)

Andy Allen

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
18,366 184
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
after i prised them up..

macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
1,876 10
Result then mate - can you imagine how long and painful it would have been otherwise?!
I have no problem with going over vinyl if they are well stuck down, prepped correctly and the right materials used.

Reply to why you shouldn't tile over vinyl tiles.. in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Floor Advice - Flooring Forum 0