Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just a quick poll to see who's got their tile NVQ and who hasn't. It's nearing 2010 and I'm wondering how many have not bothered to get passed.

If you're time-served or new there are routes you can take to get your tile NVQ. All of our training centre sponsors can help you.

If you deal in other trades too, perhaps plumbing or plastering then the sponsors of our sister forums can help you out. Often there is a bit of discount for forum members but I can't promise anything.

There is funding available now for various people but not everybody. Contact the training centre's to see if you fit in the governments category for funding.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Got mine a while back through experienced worker route, was easy as you like, the practical element of it is very outdated in humble opinion.
I was taught by my dad so don't have any qualifications as such I'd be interested in getting them tho how dI'd u go about it ?

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I know a floor layer who got his NVQ by talking through the job whilst having a brew with the assessor. He didn't fit a single thing! I've no intention of working anywhere that would require it so probably wont bother. Never say never though!!

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I was taught by my dad so don't have any qualifications as such I'd be interested in getting them tho how dI'd u go about it ?

I did mine via the ewpa system, basically met a bloke at the bal training centre, had a "technical chat" he just asked loads of question about standard tile practises, then did a very basic practical, 6" whites, border, diamond lay out in the middle arch over the top, then half a dozen quarry tiles on the floor with a square drain cut in the middle, nothing difficult. Was £750 I think. Took half a day. Although the travel from Hampshire took longer than the assessment lol.

Reaction score
no NVQ here, timeserved tiler, started as an aprentice. never been asked if i have one either but i don't do work on big sites..

A

Aston

I should of got mine in 2010 but the company doing them went into liquidation when the funding dried up.

Now that I am tile permanently, i will be doing the nvq's. i personally think its good to be qualified in the trade that you do. I think its going to cost me around £500.

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock