Discuss White Palace grout on 2mm porc joints in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Arrrgggh my head has gone today :mad:

Customer got given Palace grout (which I've never used before) and I've spent all day trying to use it on some polished porcelain that I've left 2mm for joint on.. I have tried every way possible to get a full joint, to no avail . Anyone has issues with Palace grout before?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've got to the point that I will only use grout I know on jobs now.
Fed up with using crap that dry patchy, washes out the joint's and ruins a perfect tiled job..!

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use Palace adhesive regularly but haven't used their grout for a long long time, I just cannot get to grips with it, literally fried my brain today!

W

Waluigi

I’m not particularly keen on the palace adhesives. The SPF they do is so sandy. It’s Topps own brand stuff.

B

Blunt Tool

Do you leave the 3000 grout in for half an hour or so before commencing cleaning Andy?

G

GoneGuy

I used palace grout a long time ago I found it ok but since then I use Mapei ultracolor grout for nearly all my jobs.
Have you tried mixing it a bit stiffer?

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I used palace grout a long time ago I found it ok but since then I use Mapei ultracolor grout for nearly all my jobs.
Have you tried mixing it a bit stiffer?
Mapei UC is my normal grout.. But yep, mixed it stiffer, same result. The finish was so shallow in the joint that I give it a second grouting today and its looking passable now, but not the finish I like . Safe to say ill be steering clear of Palace grouts in future

Reply to White Palace grout on 2mm porc joints in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damian
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks