Discuss White grout that stays clean - Synthetic? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Is anyone aware of a synthetic floor grout that will not absorb dirt and stain? I've tried various white products but every one gets dirty quickly spoiling the finish. I have even trailed other potential fillers with mixed results.

I'd be keen to hear your experiences. I now recommend never using white but many still ask for this then get disappointed later. Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi folks.

Is anyone aware of a synthetic floor grout that will not absorb dirt and stain? I've tried various white products but every one gets dirty quickly spoiling the finish. I have even trailed other potential fillers with mixed results.

I'd be keen to hear your experiences. I now recommend never using white but many still ask for this then get disappointed later. Thanks.
Hi,

The only grout that will do much of what you are asking is Epoxy, although most people wouldn't want to hear that as it causes people all sorts of issues if they do not know how to apply and clean off correctly.

If you can get a good smooth finish with epoxy grout, then the fact it is impervious and chemical resistant will mean that it will be able to be cleaned back to its original colour with relative ease with minimal effort. This is why it is specified in all commercial kitchen premises and hospitals etc due to its ability to stay hygienically clean.

Plenty of emulsifying pads and clean sponges are the order of the day when applying epoxy.

Other types of grout grouts will have various levels of polymer and anti bacterial agents that assist in keeping them clean , but will still absorb contamination to varying degrees, over time.

Reaction score
Just tell your customer they will regret white grout on the floor, if they are adamant on white, put white in!
Keeping it clean isn't your problem!
You could always offer them epoxy white, which will clean better, but will never be "white" as it will still be getting walked on, in shoes, that will be dirty.
Epoxy isn't for staying white, it's for hygiene areas mostly! And will still discolour on a floor, so would be a huge, massive, mega overspend for no purpose on a random domestic floor

Reply to White grout that stays clean - Synthetic? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks