Discuss While the wife's away in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

IMG_6534.JPG IMG_6535.JPG IMG_6536.JPG

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
so , while the wife is away , erm looking at the sites of Lisbon , Ive had to get this ready for the wood burner .
I was going to get porcelain slips , but they were a fortune, even at trade from my mate .
So I went for slate slips from Mrs stone, Ive bought of the shop before so I know the quality is ok , and for £15m2 you can't go wrong.i got some sealer from a local shop I use now and again, to put it nicely it was a bag of poo ,
I got 2 pieces of slate for the hearth and cut myself .
Still got a bit of cleaning and polishing but I think it's come out well :)

View attachment 85848 View attachment 85849 View attachment 85850
I'm gonna have to copy that in my living room when I get a day off at Christmas probably the way it's goin

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Cheers chaps, im thinking maybe i should maybe make the chimney go outside, thing kept setting the smoke alarm off last night :flushed:

And you can't even blame the wife's cooking for that.

Looks great though Craig, but get that chimney up to the roof level :thumbsup:

Reply to While the wife's away in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks