Discuss Which white grout - Metro tiles in a shower. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi All,

Which white grout for metro tiles in a shower (not a power shower) with 2mm spacers set on Mapei P9?

I am in Leeds so got a topps / screwfix / CTD / Tile Giant etc

Thanks

Q

Qwerty

As you are a DIY'er I would recommend that you use either Weber from CTD or Bal from Topps. Mapei ultracolour plus from Tile Giant would be my choice personally but it can be hard to use for a newbie.

Do you not have an independent retailer who stocks Tilemaster?

R

Rookery

Whilst I almost always use Mapei UCP grout, if I need a bright white I would use BAL Microflex as it's a great product.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
As you are a DIY'er I would recommend that you use either Weber from CTD or Bal from Topps. Mapei ultracolour plus from Tile Giant would be my choice personally but it can be hard to use for a newbie.

Do you not have an independent retailer who stocks Tilemaster?

Andrews Tiles on Meanwood Road sell Tilemaster

B

Blunt Tool

If you want to use BAL and buy it from Topps and it’s a 5kg bag then you might want to buy it on your credit card and pay it up monthly for a couple of years. If you are experienced in tiling go for the Mapei blanco 100 but don’t spread on too much keep an eye on it and get it cleaned off. It has a grey tinge to it but it’s tough as old boots and will last a while. Normal bal grout is very soft IMO and I would go for the tilemaster 3000 if it was me.

L

LM

I can’t get Tilemaster products and have never used them, so for me it’s either Ardex or Kerakoll.

Reply to Which white grout - Metro tiles in a shower. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks