Discuss Which Tile Sealant to Use Fila or Lithofin? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

We're having some work done on the home and having some natural stone tiles fitted into our kitchen and orangery.

The tiles that we will be using are natural honed quartzite/slate. However, I am unsure as to which brand of sealant would be best.

The supplier of the tiles recommends that the Fila XP90 is used as it is an impregnating sealant, and the one they use.

I want to ensure that the work is done well and lasts, and after looking online, many suggest the Lithofin stain-stop. Our tiler has suggested that either of these would be good choices. Both of which can be had for roughly the same price.

As I am no expert in this field. I would like some advice on which would be the best choice. I am looking to preserve the natural beauty of the tiles, without altering their appearance too much.

Which sealant would be best to use on quartzite tiles, the Fila MP90 or the Lithofin stainstop?
Should I choose a solvent or water-based sealant?

Any help and advice is appreciated.

N

Niunia

Hi Lazmar, Which sealant you ended up using and are you happy with it please? I am in very similar dilemma now with limestone tiles :)

Reply to Which Tile Sealant to Use Fila or Lithofin? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks