Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Cstiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Mapei in the main for me , builders here buy porcel flex cos of price but it's a million miles away from keraquick for Me

D

Dumbo

I know people have already said toppfix is made by palace but I believe topps grouts are ultra

J

jonnyc

Tilemaster.
Ive been trying out different adhesives for the last 30 years and not afraid to change !! For a small business fixing stone I get through a fair few pallets per month and with the overhead of employees I need to make a reasonable margin but also give clients a good https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ at reasonable price .i get all this and good tech back up from Tilemaster and am very happy .i only use setaflex white and rapid 30 latex plus primers /anhyfix and delta boards

Reaction score
Ive used a lot of Topps Tiles own brand..also Bal ...Mapei ..and recon That grout 3000 is one of the best out there..they also do matching silicone to go with the colours of grouts..
Tilemaster Setaflex https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is also up there with them for quality and consistency too.

I

Italy

I am baffled ...
I have a thought that I blend in for days head, all these little brands around the world, which future may have ?.
it seems very similar to the stories of the pubs, open a new pub, take it to a turnover mediocre and resell it.
frankly, all of these brands create my confusion, I strongly hope that the big fish eat the small one. I think 4/5 brands are enough, I'm tired of reading data sheets whenever I use grouting and adhesives.
the price war, creates all this chaos of products, small brands entering the market with prices below as to attract clients, but all this as it can last? A few months, then the price differences are approaching.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
As of writing the order of the top 5 is Mapei, Tilemaster, Weber, BAL, Ultra.

Well done to all companies with votes so far but super well done to those 5.

Keep the votes coming people.

I will need to remove some votes by the companies themselves near the end of the poll, but only a couple appear to have voted so far without me digging into them a bit more. Which I will do to keep it fair.

I think I voted for Rocotex just so I can see the results. Else even as admin I can't lol. Bit of a flaw maybe. But I thought I'd declare that. Thought it wouldn't skew the results of the top bunch just in case it ends up a close one.

So far it seems a really legit poll. Not many firms voting for themselves (and I assume some doing it do see the results like myself, else you simply can't see the results, so I won't remove them until near the end of the poll closure), and I can't spot any obvious cheating. Such as members registering then instantly voting then never logging on again. All votes so far seem to be from members who were on the forum well before we created the poll, and some registered before the 2015 poll but never voted on that one, which shows they just didn't have a preference then but do now.

I'll post some facts about the stats and changes over the years and the changes members have made over the years in an article at some point in a few months time. Interesting to see some have voted for their brand for a decade. Others have changed annually. Others changed, then changed back quickly. Nice to see that people do have a preference but will try others etc etc.

D

Dumbo

As of writing the order of the top 5 is Mapei, Tilemaster, Weber, BAL, Ultra.

Well done to all companies with votes so far but super well done to those 5.

Keep the votes coming people.

I will need to remove some votes by the companies themselves near the end of the poll, but only a couple appear to have voted so far without me digging into them a bit more. Which I will do to keep it fair.

I think I voted for Rocotex just so I can see the results. Else even as admin I can't lol. Bit of a flaw maybe. But I thought I'd declare that. Thought it wouldn't skew the results of the top bunch just in case it ends up a close one.

So far it seems a really legit poll. Not many firms voting for themselves (and I assume some doing it do see the results like myself, else you simply can't see the results, so I won't remove them until near the end of the poll closure), and I can't spot any obvious cheating. Such as members registering then instantly voting then never logging on again. All votes so far seem to be from members who were on the forum well before we created the poll, and some registered before the 2015 poll but never voted on that one, which shows they just didn't have a preference then but do now.

I'll post some facts about the stats and changes over the years and the changes members have made over the years in an article at some point in a few months time. Interesting to see some have voted for their brand for a decade. Others have changed annually. Others changed, then changed back quickly. Nice to see that people do have a preference but will try others etc etc.
It's not necessarily to do with preference but availability . From what I've read about tilemaster on this forum if it was available locally I would probably give that a whirl .

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tilemaster!
Top quality products!!
Never had any problems.. Reasonably priced, family business, so helpful and friendly.
Looking at the last couple of years polls they've quickly come from nowhere to 2nd place so far. Beating the likes of BAL by miles who where the market leaders in the UK for a very very long time.

Well done to them. Fair to say whatever they're doing its working.

Mapei and Weber are awesome also it seems according to the guys that use it all.

Hoping to see some isomat getting used more now they're on our forum as sponsors. Maybe we need to get them send out some more samples and things?

Got to support each other where we can eh?! @ISOMAT UK

Reply to Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock