Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about fake voting. I have tried a few different brands the past year, including Ultra, Bostik, and some fairly obscure cheapies stocked by my local plumbers merchants. My choice of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ tends to depend on where I am working. Weber has been my choice for large scale floors, but my standard "go to" products are Tilemaster Lightweight Standard white for walls, and Tilemaster Trade grey for floors. Now got a supplier of Mapei products a mile from my house - so that may change my buying habits. I need to make a 60-90 minute round trip to buy from Bristol.

Reaction score
Ultra (mainly because we sell it) but have used a few others this year helping friends out with jobs and I would stick with the ultra (hope that isn't a biased vote for you there)

Reaction score
(WHILE I HAVE YOU PLEASE NOTICE THE JOB OF THE MONTH COMP IS BACK!!! - VIEW INFORMATION HERE)

On with the original post...

I've nearly lost interest in this now. Got much better things to be doing with my time than messing around with fake votes.

I've reset the poll. I started to go through all the false votes and remove them. But there were quite a few and it ended up messing up the poll.

So I've now added some restrictions so that people who try to register to the forum just to vote, don't get to vote.

If you wouldn't mind, please vote again. I'll keep an eye on the poll too and make sure it's true.

I have to say that a dozen accounts were registered in a day and used to vote for TileMaster, and it stopped once they were a few votes ahead of Mapei. Not cool.

I've also stopped member support accounts and sponsors from voting. As clearly they'd vote for the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ they sell. So it isn't a choice they have so didn't choose to use that brand like a tiler does.

Good luck to all in the poll.

Dan - i'm sorry to hear about the "fake votes" and sincere apologies for our part in this.

We had asked our 3 sales reps in the ceramic industry to make their customers aware of the tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ poll. Our intention wasn't to get new forum users signing up just in order to cast a vote, our intention was to make existing forum users and contractor customers who use adhesives day in day out aware of the poll so that they could log on to the forum / poll and cast a genuine vote. Unfortunately, people have got carried away.

We have also sent out a few tweets relating to the poll, not necessarily asking for followers to vote Tilemaster more to help create awareness of the forum and also trying to encourage people to take part in all topics and conversations on the forum.

We are genuinely proud to be part of this poll and I personally was very humbled to see the votes for Tilemaster increasing day by day. It was only a few years ago when we got a small handful of votes and most people responded to Tilemaster as "who"?

I look forward to seeing the new poll develop and please accept mine and Tilemaster's apologies,

Kind Regards
Mark Kelly

Reply to Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock