Discuss Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Top man Mark is too. Those that have had the privilege to deal with him and TM will vouch for that.

You ask where they have come from @Dan IMHO they've been bubbling in the background for a good few years now. We first came to the attention of TM from this very forum, when tilers talk about products being consistently spot of for the job you have to (as a retailer) take notice surely.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Top man Mark is too. Those that have had the privilege to deal with him and TM will vouch for that.

You ask where they have come from @Dan IMHO they've been bubbling in the background for a good few years now. We first came to the attention of TM from this very forum, when tilers talk about products being consistently spot of for the job you have to (as a retailer) take notice surely.
That's bloody lovely to hear Lee thank you pal. I really really do love hearing that we've helped out. Whether retailer or tiler. And I really like hearing that people listen to these moaning bar stewards. Because be that they are. They are the ones with the incoming revenue into the whole industry. If a tiler is trusted by their customer and they say black is white, the customer is going to agree and the world turns inside out.

So to see a firm who profits from tilers (and there's no shame in profit that wasn't meant as a derogatory term) it is really nice to hear they're listening to the guys that make their business tick.

I also profit from those guys. And I've noted we have some UFH issues going on. And am working behind the scenes to make sure the likes of @JulianSidney and @Andystiletiling and @Uheat - Jake connect more.

That's my job and I'm not going to be able to stay online for the tilemasters and tile towns to find each other if I'm not doing it right.

God that sounded sick when I read it back. And not in the teens terms of sick which apparently means good. I actually felt a bit sick lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
This new phone I've got hasn't got used to my typing style it keeps changing words. I was apple and now android. Is there an app for this? Ha

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Getting a bit silly with the fake and / or company rep votes now.

Before we close the thread in a couple of weeks I'll remove all the company rep votes, and the votes from people who have registered to the forum after the date we started the poll.

We seem to have had an influx of people registering just to vote.

I'll also call out the firms who appear to have had this influx the most too. Have their own 'most probable needy vote counts' list or something. :)

Clearly if you work for a company that either manufactures or supplies just one brand, your vote is useless and probably (perhaps not always) money-orientated.

And clearly if you've never visited the forum before, your first ever visit to the forum was on this poll page, you registered on this poll page, signed in on it, instantly voted, then logged off and never logged on again, we can be pretty sure that's a fake vote. We can all do that. We just don't. It looks pathetic and even the most forum-challenged members we have can see right through it.

Enough now please. You know who you are.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
(WHILE I HAVE YOU PLEASE NOTICE THE JOB OF THE MONTH COMP IS BACK!!! - VIEW INFORMATION HERE)

On with the original post...

I've nearly lost interest in this now. Got much better things to be doing with my time than messing around with fake votes.

I've reset the poll. I started to go through all the false votes and remove them. But there were quite a few and it ended up messing up the poll.

So I've now added some restrictions so that people who try to register to the forum just to vote, don't get to vote.

If you wouldn't mind, please vote again. I'll keep an eye on the poll too and make sure it's true.

I have to say that a dozen accounts were registered in a day and used to vote for TileMaster, and it stopped once they were a few votes ahead of Mapei. Not cool.

I've also stopped member support accounts and sponsors from voting. As clearly they'd vote for the adhesive they sell. So it isn't a choice they have so didn't choose to use that brand like a tiler does.

Good luck to all in the poll.

Last edited:
G

GoneGuy

Just been using mainly palace which is in the local shop. Otherwise it's Mapei when I specific for customers to supply

Reply to Which tile adhesive brand did you use most in 2016? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks