Discuss Which Short Tiling Course For 2016? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

heps

Hi All

Just dropping by to say hello and ask for advice I am a former military man looking for my second career in life ! i would like some advice on which course or training centre that delivers real hands on there seems to be so many offering courses so some pionters would be greatly appreciated thanks In advance :)

Ian :)

T

Tile Shop

Depends where you are and how far you wanna travel.

I've been looking at a few courses that either give you an NVQ or at least set you up for an NVG assessment if you want to go that far...... which i do.

UKTT is the one that everyone is hyping about. But its up in Newcastle. However accomodation is fairly cost effective for the duration of the course.

Theres another one in Dartford called AbleSkills (which from memory is pretty expensive) or the one i have my eye on is TradeTeacher's 10 day course. Thats in Walsall and easier for me to get to.

All of them a practical based and keep written work to the absolute minimum. You're almost guaranteed to have a trowel, cutter or some form of tool in your hand every day.

One more i spotted was GoldTrowel. Colchester way but not looked into that one as much as the others seemed to jump out at me a bit more. But thats not to say it would be a naff course.

Bit peaved because our local college used to do a 5 week evening course but that stopped last year. That would have been better for me because of my current day job. But other college can be looked at to see if they offer the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tile Shop

Ok. Got my geography completely messed up, lol. It would seem i've looked at way to many courses.

Tradeteacher is Stoke, and Gold Trowel is Romford.

Ooops.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The NVQ is the last thing you need to worry about, getting the correct tiling training at the best centre is what you need to look at, no training course can give you an NVQ, it is an independent assessment that can be done anytime after any course as long as you pay the money for the assessment.

We are renowned for training people to the highest levels in the fastest time, we have hundreds of testimonials on here to back that statement up. Have a look at our website www.tiling-courses.co.uk or some of the images in our posts in the tiling courses feedback section to see the standard of work done in no time at all.

NVQ is purely a ticket for site work, if you are planning on doing your jobs in a domestic place then don't bother with the NVQ, it is not required.

Darren
UK Pro Tiling training formerly UKTT

Below picture was completed in 4 days on week two of the course
IMG_5348.jpg

G

GoneGuy

Hi All

Just dropping by to say hello and ask for advice I am a former military man looking for my second career in life ! i would like some advice on which course or training centre that delivers real hands on there seems to be so many offering courses so some pionters would be greatly appreciated thanks In advance :)

Ian :)
Hi mate, I have just completed a 9 day course with Darren at UK PRO TILING in Hartlepool the reason why I chose it as i read all the testimonials and looked at the pictures/videos on his website and Facebook page and after having a chat on the phone I booked onto his course.
I live in South Wales and drove 5hrs and stayed up there for the whole course.
The first week is intense but with the training and guidance Darren gave my confidence sky rocketed.
If you are looking for a career change or maybe start your own business like me then get in contact with UK PRO TRAINING.
You won't regret it.
Good luck

image.jpeg

Reply to Which Short Tiling Course For 2016? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks