Discuss Which one? - DIY Kitchen Tiling Job :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
This is how my window sill setup looks like if it makes any difference. The bottom picture is if I go with the line he has setup.

He said it's because it hides the fact if the worktop isnt level where as if I go with full tile from the worktop it will draw your eyes straight to it if not level...

I'm confused now with what way to go

15708736652879020993196445017729.jpg

15708738303164307185336622242630.jpg

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Full tile of worktop also.

You can choose to listen to the father in law or the folk who do this day in day out, make your life easier around the sockets also. Stick a level on your worktop if you are worried about it not being level.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yes rule of thumb is to center with the hood as its a more focal point, providing it leaves you with good cuts into the sockets and ends. You can adjust what row is full or half tile to make the sockets easier also. That may seem obvious sorry but its not to everyone
[automerge]1570879619[/automerge]
This thread will be of some use to you also for that control panel/socket to the far right as it's a little different to your normal socket

D

Dumbo

How unlevel is your worktop . It has to be really bad . Also for your bottom row of tiles would have to be cut at an angle for that reasoning to have any value .

Reaction score
How unlevel is your worktop . It has to be really bad . Also for your bottom row of tiles would have to be cut at an angle for that reasoning to have any value .

It's an L-shape. One side is ok but the other side with the window frame runs down into the corner by 22mm over a 3m length.

image.jpg

Reply to Which one? - DIY Kitchen Tiling Job :) in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks