Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which grout to use outdoors in Spain? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Down on the Costa del Sol, it gets very hot and sometimes it pours down and the rain seeps through the grout and collects and helps lift the paint from the walls and fills the lift shaft with water etc etc. What grout should we use to prevent this happening? Thanking you all in advance. Spanishden

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Stonebro

If the tiles are still sound - you could try Epoxy grouting. Really you should remove tiles and waterproof the substrate.

Short term if tiles arent porous epoxy grout may help!

OP
D

DHTiling

I think you should be thinking about checking where the water is gettin in through the substrate and not just a temporay fix......

OP
T

TilingLogistics

I agree with Dave find the problem! Don't just do a finger in the dyke job IMO

Kev

OP
D

dock

spanishden

temporary.......but not cheap use mapei kerapoxy(26 colours) but it is written the tile standards that tiles, https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and grout cannot be guaranteed to provide a water tight structure......even in swimming pools. The basic structure behind tile must be water tight. In which case for a permanent solution;

1 remove existing tile and abrade off https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ residue
2 repair cement:sand rendering with mapei nivoplan
3 waterproof with mapei mapelastic
4 fix tile in mapei keraflex maxi
5 grout with mapei ultracolor plus (26 colours)
6 fill movement joints with mapei mapesil AC colour to match grout

go back and have a siesta knowing the jobs complete and you won't be going back!!

dock

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
P

Peter H

Hi, my solarium isn't leaking. Butbi notice grout slowly coming out between tiles. What is the grout used that I should regroup with please.

Reply to Which grout to use outdoors in Spain? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock