Discuss Which Grout should I use??? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Deleted member 53098

Hello, I need to figure out the best grout for my ceramic textured floor which has some kind of slight Matt glaze on it… I want to use a stain protection, high traffic, no discoloration grout… wasn’t sure if I should use MAEPAI flex color CQ? or Fusion PRO? or any of the other single component etc grouts out there… I know they are harder to clean up which I’m kind of concerned about…. I’m haven’t grouted that many floors…. but I really need a grout that will work in the kitchen well, I can’t take how the grouts get so dirty even if you seal them,,,, also please let me know if I need to preseal the tile etc please advise thanks

IMG_0703.jpeg

IMG_0704.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Hi, no need to pre seal the tile as already glazed. The only grout to resist darkening through dirt over time would be an epoxy grout. Harder to apply. Can't recommend any brands you may have heard of. Maybe contact your local tile supplier. Thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Those look already grouted, I think your 'mud' (adhesive) has come through the joints a bit there. You could do with using a tool to rake out those a bit before you apply the adhesive.

As above, epoxy would be ideal you can even bleach that and it doesn't change color. Not as easy to apply though.

Reply to Which Grout should I use??? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks