Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which brand UFH mats in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

A

Adil

Please checkout the following advertisement.
So I've narrowed it down to:

Raychem T2, prowarm or Devi mats. All come with a Wi-Fi thermostat

Devi and raychem seem slightly cheaper but I'm more interested with the quality. EBay seems to be the place to buy these mats, significantly cheaper than online retailers.

The areas I'm looking at to be tiled are kitchen/dining and both bathrooms (one being an ensuite).

I need the kitchen/dining area done as one zone requiring 20 square metres. Devi and raychem tend to only make 10m squared mats. Would joining them together be easy enough for the Tiler?

Any opinions appreciated. Thanls

OP
T

Terry W

A thermostat control unit will only run a total of 16amp of matting , As long as the combined matts don't go over 16amp the electrition can connect them to the thermostat control unit. Both matt's will have to have the power leads starting at the thermostat control unit. As far as I know one matt cannot be joined to the end of the other. For that you'd have to phone technical support and if it could be done it would most likey have to be carried out by one of there engineers.

OP
A

Adil

Seems rather restrictive if the mats can't be joined, leaves my options limited.

13A should be fine with 20 sq.m as it'll be 3000W. Raychem seems to be 160w sq.m so 16A should cover that.

OP
D

Dumbo

Seems rather restrictive if the mats can't be joined, leaves my options limited.

13A should be fine with 20 sq.m as it'll be 3000W. Raychem seems to be 160w sq.m so 16A should cover that.
You dont join the mats but you can use as an example 2 x 10 metre mats for 20 mtres both wired to the same thermostat.
In fact if the area is 20sqm you would want ufh for 16sqm ( it is the done thing to geat about 80% of the floor space to aid fitting ) if your tiler knows his onions he should know all of the above .

OP
A

Adil

The exact size is 25.5 sq.m hence only needing 20 sq.m of matting.

If both have to join on to the thermostat then it may represent an issue unless the thermostat is central in the room, as the area is 8m long.

OP
T

Terry W

Both devi and raychem matts are only 500mm wide. Can they run out along side each other. Failing that, The mesh/matt the heating cable is attached to can be cut, you can't cut the heating cable it's self but you can take it of the mesh/matt and tape it to the floor. It's a bit tricky to explain but as mentioned above any capable tiler should know how to lay it properly.

OP
D

Dumbo

The exact size is 25.5 sq.m hence only needing 20 sq.m of matting.

If both have to join on to the thermostat then it may represent an issue unless the thermostat is central in the room, as the area is 8m long.
Not if your tiler knows what he is doing

Reply to Which brand UFH mats in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock