Discuss Which Bosch grinder for DIY in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
I have a few tiling jobs will be doing over next few months, just DIY but going to get a grinder and good blades.
I have other Bosch tools so was going to stick with them as I like the brand but also as I have the batteries and saw the cordless grinder.
The batteries I have are only 2ah one but wireless charging so between cuts grinder can sit on charger. Don't know if this would work ok or not, what do you think?
I also saw the Bosch variable and also just the cheaper grinder.
Is it worth paying extra or should I just go the cheaper one as it's only for DIY use?
Reason for the thoughts on the variable one was could be used for polishing edges or training slightly if needed.

Thanks.

I

Italy

in my opinion, the electric one is better.
bosch 7/115 or 7 / 115e are the best.
if you have to make holes in hard tiles, better at variable speed.
small hole high speed, big hole low speed.

dg-1984

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for that, have found the variable one here on eBay for £83 roughly so that seems a decent price.
Will need to get good blades for it aswell.
Have read the Premtool turbo fastline blades are good for the money, here.

W

Waluigi

Can’t fault Bosch personally. I’ve got a grinder that’s pushing 20 years old. Went through the old NiMH grinder and now lithium Bosch. Never skipped a beat.

Reply to Which Bosch grinder for DIY in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks