Discuss What’s the right grout to use???? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

RamziR

-
Reaction score
I’d like to tile my bathroom, including shower area, and my kitchen, including splash back area, with white metro tiles. My wife wants white grouting. I’ve been recommended Bal Micromax 2 grout but I’m not sure cement based grout is a) right for the bathroom walls (and floor) or for the spashback cooker/sink area and b) will stay white? I’ve also read I should be using epoxy - or more likely getting someone more experienced to use it! I’d be grateful for any advice. Cheers

O

Old Mod

To achieve a constant non staining white grout, a white epoxy grout would work best.
The most popular at the moment which is regarded as the most user friendly is Kerakoll’s Fugalite Bio. Used in conjunction with the add on products ‘wash’ and ‘soap’ and if you get in real trouble with excess residue, the ‘shock’ but you must wait 7 days before using the ‘shock’.

Joshjupp

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Kerakoll epoxy grout is great grout will be a challenge to grout metro tiles with it but you get plenty of working time with it of you could try the Kerakoll new resin/cement grout a few tilers I know that have used it say it’s really good grout
[automerge]1577358527[/automerge]

Attachments

• BB3D935A-6E46-442E-81AF-66E4816CAE29.png
    280 KB · Views: 18
  • 70889808-32AA-4FAC-AE89-51908120190A.png
    179.1 KB · Views: 18
O

Old Mod

Kerakoll epoxy grout is great grout will be a challenge to grout metro tiles with it but you get plenty of working time with it of you could try the Kerakoll new resin/cement grout a few tilers I know that have used it say it’s really good grout
[automerge]1577358527[/automerge]

Unfortunately it’s not guaranteed waterproof or stain proof tho.

D

Dumbo

If you have the metros that most people buy where they are like a rombus in profile, I wouldn't fancy that in epoxy

Reply to What’s the right grout to use???? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks