Discuss What would you do. 800mm tiles in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm wide tiles x 300mm high.

My question is what way would you set these out. I have two options, start with the 800mm coming out from the corner, another then this leaves me 350mm in the other corner.

My other option is to Centre the wall, come off the centre both sides and this leaves me with 175mm cuts in both corners.

Wrecking my brain here deciding on which one to choose. IMO both aren't idea but I can't think of any other way of setting these out in a small ensuite like this.

P

Patrico

Centre your wall, then set your first tile over this line, 400mm either side. This will then leave you 525 either side & 625 either side on your 1950 walls, minus your spacers (3mm).
If you go for the 2 full tiles plus 175 cuts. You will still have a 550 wastage. Bigger cuts the better !

A

Alan Bentley

Or you could tile up and down,having 350 as your width plus if you go for 800 across as Patrico said,you could also brick bond or half/third bond,makes it easier then in the corners.Good luck.👍🏻

Reply to What would you do. 800mm tiles in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks