Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What to use instead of SLC to cover wire in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

dazlp

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi. I've used SLC to cover the electric wire in a few other rooms in the house and not had any issues at all. However, now doing the hallway and there's a slight 'flat' slope in the floor (20mm over about 4.5metres). If I use SLC it will 'run' towards the front door and end up higher than the door threshold. Soooo - what I'm looking for is a product that can be used to cover the wires but isn't self levelling. Hope that makes sense!

Any ideas welcome - I'm really stuck on this one.

Cheers
Daz

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You're only using enough SLC to cover the wires so you won't have the problem of it running to the lowest point. If you're still not comfortable with using SLC then you can use a rapid flex tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to cover the wires - use a grout float to apply and you won't damage the cables. Best option is the SLC though.

OP
O

One Day

BAL Stone & Tile PTB is excellent for covering. Mix it up wet and pour it out but it stays where you float it.
Good price (at CTD) too.
(Insulting price at Topps)

Reply to What to use instead of SLC to cover wire in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock