Discuss What to trim with? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Mozza_0_o

Hi All,

Just completed my first tiling job but ran in to a bit of an issue around the windows as the walls were massively uneven. It was recommended to me to take off the old Wooden architraves rather than tiling up to the edge of them and tile up to the edge of the windows instead before re-fitting a new architrave or installing some kind of trim.

As you can see from the photos the section i now need to hide is uneven all the way round and I probably should have used a tile edge trim of some description which would have neatened things out but hindsight is a wonderful thing! Also, it wouldn't solve the issue of the space on the inside of the window frame.

I've looked around loads of tiling and bathroom shops for something which might neaten things up around the window (and give me something to seal around to make it all water tight. Unfortunately nothing is jumping out at me.

Looking for some advice on how to help finish off this part of the bathroom and fix the edging abomination.

Images below:-
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3
Image 4

Tom

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
The only option i can think of for that is a PVC corner trim, it will need to be quite a wide one and won't look the greatest but will look better than what is left there now.

It would just have to overlap the tiles and pvc internal panels of the windows.

Similar to this

Alfer White PVC Equal-Sided Angle 20 x 20 x 2000mm - https://www.NoLinksToThis/p/alfer-white-pvc-equal-sided-angle-20-x-20-x-2000mm/3801p

S

Spare Tool

Not much depth on window frame but how about a thin wood, 6mm ply maybe and plant it onto existing reveals but come out so its flush with tiles, then some new archatrave stuck onto face of tile.. Painted all up white should finish it up tidily :thumbsup:

Reply to What to trim with? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks