Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What tile manufacturers should I avoid? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Ok so I am wondering whats the general consensus on tile manufacturers and which ones I should avoid? lately I have installed tiles that heve been pretty poorly made.
Also I have had issues with lots of customers ordering tiles and they are mixed batches.. now I don't know if I am being picky but I have always ordered and stated same batch production run.. when I have questioned this for customers with suppliers no names but one has a Q and the other a W... they think that I am on a different planet and say they just mix all the batches up anyway ... thoughts?

D

Dumbo

You got no hope with b and q as they tend to put the bar codes over the batch numbers . I think this is done on purpose . Other than the obvious british ceramic tile , which will come to end soon we hope, try to get your customers to go to a proper tile shop , after all what do you expect for those sorts of prices .

OP
S
Reaction score
You got no hope with b and q as they tend to put the bar codes over the batch numbers . I think this is done on purpose . Other than the obvious british ceramic tile , which will come to end soon we hope, try to get your customers to go to a proper tile shop , after all what do you expect for those sorts of prices .
yeah British ceramic tile are awful just finished a job using them and it was a bit of a challenge ... mind you seen some pretty rubbish stuff supplied by local independents too... TBH wicks stuff has been above average and good vfm but only just

Reply to What tile manufacturers should I avoid? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock