Discuss What tile cutter? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

bugs183

I use a montolit. I was using a TS60+, but i didn't get on with it, didn't cut straight as the bars flexed. Bought a montolit and i've been very pleased with it. But the Sigmas are getting rave reviews here.
I wouldn't buy anything under a 600mm cuttting length as tiles are large at the moment.

B

bowlegs

I got hold of a Big Clinker off EBay for £45, it had been used once for a DIY job, normally a couple of them listed on the site. The cut tends to be about 2mm on the large side, but you soon get used to allowing for this. Lots of better cutters on the market but this could buy you some time while you decide which is the best for you then you can always keep the Big Clinker as a reserve cutter.

R

Rookery

I got hold of a Big Clinker off EBay for £45, it had been used once for a DIY job, normally a couple of them listed on the site. The cut tends to be about 2mm on the large side, but you soon get used to allowing for this. Lots of better cutters on the market but this could buy you some time while you decide which is the best for you then you can always keep the Big Clinker as a reserve cutter.
Agreed. The Big Clinker is a good cutter for the money. I bought one from Topps a few years ago and it cuts porcelain at least as well as my mates TX700N and it'll cut up to about 630mm. Topps will let you try one out if you ask and they'll have a few ex-display or damaged porcelain tiles in the back to have a good go at. Other than a new wheel now and again I've never needed any spares.

P

Peter

You should be able to get a Sigma 3B 63cm for around £220 - a friend got one for that price about a month ago off a local tile shop.

L

Liamjay

Thank you everyone, I purchased a big clinker for £87 so i thought it was a bit of a bargain to be fair!

Im on the look out for a wet tile saw now, to do all the niggly bits :)

martin1c

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I got a TX700n from ebay a while ago and it's good at cutting porcelain but has its limits. I find that it won't cut anything less than a 40mm sliver without breaking the tile. Has anyone else had this? Or is it just my cutter - I suspect it might be...

Reply to What tile cutter? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks