Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
D

Dumbo

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I'm in the 1.7kg per mm per Sqm camp works for me .

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wow. I've only ever just gone over the 4mm wires. The tail end of the cable is buried in the substrate so is under 4mm. I've never gone above 5mm on the SLC. Don't forget BAL level max is a 25k bag. However, I will on future calculations use more. Most of my work is much smaller areas so I'm not buying in bulk. Nice idea about sticking down insulation board as a guide.

OP
F

Flintstone

One I did on Friday, I needed to bring it up 10mm so I stuck 10mm squares of board in a few places and brought it up to that. The squares often look proud as they can get a raised bit of leveller sat on top of them

E810BE40-B9D1-467C-A523-C110BD4D2093.jpeg

OP
D

Dumbo

One I did on Friday, I needed to bring it up 10mm so I stuck 10mm squares of board in a few places and brought it up to that. The squares often look proud as they can get a raised bit of leveller sat on top of them

View attachment 95161
I prefer to use screws to set heights as they can be set at different heights if substrate is uneven

OP
F

Flintstone

If a floor is already flat and level and I’m fitting ufh I will just pour and not worry about setting height markers.

OP
R

Rookery

I do it by eye and hope for the best. Usually works out though, I've been doing it like that for years.

Reply to What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock