Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

K

Kevin09

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

I'm finishing an extension off next week by installing a UFL heating system,I've done a few before but not for a while.
I'm happy with everything,but I'd just like to ask peoples thoughts on what SLC to use.

Are some better than others ?

I've got about 34m2 to do if that helps

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You are going to get a load of different answers Kevin. I personally use BAL Level Max. It's quite a watery mix but you still need to use a float to level it out. You will probably need about 9 bags of it.......but buy 10 to be on the safe side.

OP
F

Flintstone

You are going to get a load of different answers Kevin. I personally use BAL Level Max. It's quite a watery mix but you still need to use a float to level it out. You will probably need about 9 bags of it.......but buy 10 to be on the safe side.

I’d be using about 18 bags!
No way 10 bags Sean.

OP
S

Spare Tool

Just done 36sqm ufh, 6mm over wires this week, used 24 x 20kg bags of Rocatex

OP
R

Rookery

About 14 bags.
Area x average depth x 1.7 / bag fill + a couple jic
Therefore:
34mtrs x 5mm x 1.7 / 25kgs + 2 = 14

OP
S

Spare Tool

Never works out as it should using calculations though, i always get 1 1/2 sqm mtrs per 20kg bag at 6mm thick

OP
L

LM

On a flat floor a bag typically covers 5mts @ 3mm deep, include the cavities around the ufh and a good guide average would be about 2mts per bag.

OP
S

Spare Tool

Maybe I'm doing 7-8mm deep then, spoze by the time I've stuck the 6mm insulation board strips as guides, the glue and sticking it on the ufh mesh could raise the strips a mill or two, since I've been doing it this way I consistently get 1.5m per bag..

OP
L

LM

Andy your not far out at all with that measurement, you’re better looking at materials than looking for them in my book.

OP
F

Flintstone

I always used to work to 2m per bag but these days I think 1.5 is probably more realistic, your better pouring more than trying to scrimp to the minimum.

Reply to What SLC to use over UFL in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock