Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What side STS board? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Got a quick one :)

I'm just about to fit STS foam boards prior to tile with some 600 x 300 x 10mm using
Dunlop CF3 fast set flexible tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. Not sure it needs it, but will prime as well anyway.

Surface of boards is smooth one side and rough the other, so does anybody know what side is best for the above tiles?

OP
A
Reaction score
Anybody?

Think like many of us I'm on a few other forums, but can't say I've ever posted before where nobody has replied
despite having over 100 views.

Genuine question is this the norm for this forum or is it that my question is too simple or maybe just too boring?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi , it’s not a board I’m actually familiar with so couldn’t offer advice. Thought others might know tbh. Have you rang their technical department?

Thanks for the reply :)

I got no joy on here so contacted the help department of STS and they say it's the smooth side for what I'm doing.

PS: STS is a ceramic/cement outer board with a foam core.

Reply to What side STS board? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock