Discuss What side of WBP ply do I tile onto please? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi folks,

What side of WBP ply should I tile onto? Smooth side or rough side? Does the side I'm not tiling onto need a primer?

Thanks all

Mart

O

One Day

Tile onto the side that you've fixed suitable boards to!
Seriously though, we can't recommend tiling onto ply unless it's flooring grade which wbp isn't. You could always over lay with 6mm cement boards though.

Reaction score
So I hear what you're all saying about ply which is fair enough. What side would you have used though for tiling onto ply? Grateful for the answer if possible?

D

Dumbo

To be honest I've never had wpb with a rough side so sounds like yours is even worse than the stuff we won't tile to . So i can't answer that question as mine has always been smoothish both sides .

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Normally when I fit WBP ply for LVT flooring it will have a sticker on one side either stating this side up or down.
[automerge]1568924370[/automerge]
But as above, I don’t remember noticing one side smoother than the other.

Reply to What side of WBP ply do I tile onto please? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks