Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What Rubi ''buy once'' manual cutter ? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Guys

What would be a good ''buy once'' future proof Rubi (if such a thing exists) :lol:

Basically, I'm not taking on my own jobs yet as still an apprentice but looking to build up my tools slowly.

My boss gave me an old Star 40, but I'm looking at buying something that will last for a long time into the future. Most of the work we seems to do is large format stuff with 900's being very popular, so ideally after something that will accomodate these. The boss has a Genesis for 900's but can't find much about these.

I assume a Rubi of similar size will be very expensive :lol:

Cheers
Paul

OP
W

White Room

The 700n has a longer measuring bar, which can be a pain if your working in a limited area

OP
A

Aston

montolit ?? 75p or the 93p....light, strong, excellent cutters, reasonable priced against rubi and been around longer than sigma,,,,,:yikes::lol::thumbsup:

OP
S

Stewart

Mainly use TX700 with the TX1200 for bigger stuff (I hire it out as well, to a few tilers I know and it's paid for it's self) use a TS400 for smaller stuff, but TX700 is main workhorse with 1000's of metres under it's belt.

OP
D

doug boardley

Cheers Doug, what's the difference between a TX700 and TX700 N ?

Presumably these are quite rare on the second hand market ?
the larger cutter is my TX1200N, the smaller one is my TX700, notice the difference in the measuring bar:thumbsup:

doug-boardley-albums-one-finished-picture2329-one-finished-sunny-hill-001.jpg

Reply to What Rubi ''buy once'' manual cutter ? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock