Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What percentage of your work now involves wet rooms.? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
What percentage of your work now involves wet rooms or wet areas within a bathroom or en-suite???

ishi69

TF
Reaction score
About 30 to 40% of my bathrooms are now wetrooms, the job I'm on at the moment is 4 wetrooms in the same property.

OP
D

DHTiling

I do seem to be doing a lot more this year... so at present would say 20% to 30%... but that could rise.. :)

p.s added a poll for you Dean.

Reaction score
like dave says I'm getting more wet rooms i think they are the future imo not to many people really know about wet rooms a lot of customers i speak to didn't really know the options there the more people that have them the more want them.

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Haven't done one for a while as most of my work at the moment is commercial. Will be starting to advertise for local domestic work a bit later in the year so hopefully that will change but for now I've pretty much got work guaranteed week after week so will stick with it.

Tony73

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have wetroom on every project. Got 5 wetrooms on project at the moment. (love it).
Ihave a question: usualy i waterproof all marmox boards in shower, and seen pictures most of you do. But as marmox boards are allready waterproof i could only waterproof joints. What is your opinion guys?

OP
T

The D

I always tank the boards directly in the wet area and if possible I tank the whole of the room. I am a firm believer in the belt and braces approach to wet rooms.

OP
P

Peter

Only do a full wetroom every few months. Most people still opting for shower trays in these parts, particularly upstairs. Do love doing the wet rooms though.

OP
W

White Room

Don't seem to get many wetrooms at the moment, plenty a few years ago...they just have the bog standard trays.

OP
W

Wetroom 1

Hi deano,

Its russell im pretty new to this site but i would say im a decent trades person, ive done about 100 domestic wetrooms plus 200 commercial installation between my team of lads.

But for the last 2yrs we have been setting up a new company called Clect services, it will be aimed at repairing badly installed wetrooms. Im not sure how the general public think that tradesman can install a cheap wetroom, and they will receive a quality install using the correct products.

Look forward too chatting again...

OP
T

The D

Hi deano,

Its russell im pretty new to this site but i would say im a decent trades person, ive done about 100 domestic wetrooms plus 200 commercial installation between my team of lads.

But for the last 2yrs we have been setting up a new company called Clect services, it will be aimed at repairing badly installed wetrooms. Im not sure how the general public think that tradesman can install a cheap wetroom, and they will receive a quality install using the correct products.

Look forward too chatting again...
hi russell So what percentage of your work relates to wet rooms ??

OP
S

swanman

Wet rooms some are good some are a pain

Starting one on wednesday with 60x40 travatine honed and filled

Wish me luck:smilewinkgrin:

Reply to What percentage of your work now involves wet rooms.? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock