Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What makes a good van insurance firm these days - considering most vans never get stolen but broken into? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
New Tilers Van Insurance Provider - But what makes a good van insurance firm these days - considering most vans never get stolen but broken into?

Note that this is a public thread so perhaps don't be too open about leaving tools in vans - generalise about leaving tools in vans instead!

We have a new insurance provider, and they're one you've heard of.

Who was the best insurer for you last time around? And why did you go with them? Was it price alone? Or did they actually offer you a good deal.

Perhaps tools left in the van overnight? Perhaps they can get you a van out to your door if yours gets stolen?

Stolen vehicles are quite rare these days (apparently). We usually find the vans get broken into more than somebody stealing the whole van.

So if you keep your tools in your van, are they covered?

Have you spent any time laying them out in the back of the van and take loads of pictures of them to prove they are in your van?

What do you do to ensure you're covered as best you van be?

Note that this is a public thread so perhaps don't be too open about leaving tools in vans - generalise about leaving tools in vans instead!

Last edited:
W

WetSaw

What's important for me with insurance is that it works when you need it.
I've just changed from Linea Directa ( Spanish version of a well known UK company). A guy on a motorbike rode through a stop sign into the side of my van. Not much damage and he admitted guilt, no problem. I had a battle with my insurance company over where the van could be repaired. The Nissan garage I bought the van from would have nothing to do with Linea Directa and told me why, which I won't get into here. 2 other independent bodyshops had the same opinion. I eventually had to take it to one of their approved repairers and got the awful repair I expected.
My renewal arrived mid June and had gone up €150. I was never going to renew with them anyway, regardless of price. I phoned and told them I wasn't renewing. A little while later I got a call and suddenly the premium was half price! I asked her if the call was being recorded, when she said yes I explained to her why I wouldn't be renewing and the fact I wouldn't have their insurance even if it free.
" Why didn't you tell us the repair wasn't good?"
I told her it was what I was expecting and if they can't get it right the first time why does she think they'll ever get it right.

I had the same with our car and the same insurance company. We've had the car from new (2001) and it'd never had any repairs. I backed into a post and it had to have a new tailgate. When I went to collect the car they'd painted it metallic black when the car isn't metallic! Real shame as they'd actually done a lovely job. Again there was a big argument with the garage, they tried to tell me it was the right colour. The colour code on the chassis plate told the truth! Eventually it got put right but as a customer you shouldn't have to have a fight in the event of a claim.

Reaction score
Totally agree, it's already stressful to be in the situation of making a claim let alone having to argue and fight for it then having to complain about it, I paid extra for a better coverage on my tools and they tried to refuse to pay out on over £1500 of kit. I got it in the end it was soooo frustrating and time consuming and as you know when your self-employed you haven't got the time to spend fart arsing about arguing with the insurance company!!

Reply to What makes a good van insurance firm these days - considering most vans never get stolen but broken into? in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock