Discuss What/How would you do it in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Ive bought these beveled edged tiles and setting out leaves me with a problem.
As pictured ive set the tiles out this way to minimise the cuts, I have 1 full tile at the base of the picture then i was going to 2 halves then 1 full ect ect but its left me with a long cut ( in yellow ) and if i cut along the middle of the tile its higher than the surrounding tile edges, if i cut 1 side im still left with 1 hight side ?
If i turn the tiles 90 degrees I'm left with 3 small square cuts and with black grouting its going to stick out a mile so hence why ive set them out like pictured. So how would you go about things now ? You can be as brutal as you like im thick skinned

W

WetSaw

1: Forgot black grout and go for light grey. There's nowhere to hide with black grout on white tiles, especially metros.

2: There's always going to be a compromise somewhere with bevel edged tiles. You can't have a cut tile in the middle so you have to move the whole section and have the cut at the top or the bottom.

B

Blunt Tool

78213072-694D-479A-9C5B-A92EF6325897.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think I would lay them like this and have the cuts down the left hand end and fill and decorate the edge.

F88331C5-24BC-4A01-BFB8-65971CFE594B.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Took me a minute to work out what I was looking at as I thought the sink was a mirror:tearsofjoy:

I don’t have anything further to add

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
1: Forgot black grout and go for light grey. There's nowhere to hide with black grout on white tiles, especially metros.

2: There's always going to be a compromise somewhere with bevel edged tiles. You can't have a cut tile in the middle so you have to move the whole section and have the cut at the top or the bottom.
Your spellings terrible....
IMG_20181017_192408.jpg

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah the memories.

Im almost certain I rented a flat with a mate in 1998 with those curtains.

Reaction score
Thank for the replies and interior design advice :)
As requested here are 3 more pics for a better perspective, Ive turned the tiles 90 degress for these pics do you think they're better that way ?
I still have the cut though now its a smaller piece even with grey grout would it still look daft ? I cant put the cut on the edge at the bottom of the pic as that will look bad too ... hmmm
The edge near the wall once the plastic edging is in place is 20mm so i bought mosaic tiles and was/are going to cut a strip off to fill the gap, that is also/was the plan on the flat vertical edge from the worktop to the sill ...
What do you think ...

odd baby names

odd baby names

odd baby names

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why does it say Odd baby Names ?
Anyway, the flat vertical edge i as going to have the mosaic tiles on the bottom along the worktop to again fill the gap

Last edited:

Reply to What/How would you do it in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks