Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What Drives Your Drill Bits in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just purchased the Porsadrill kit and on first use I'm chuffed to bits with it. Guides work well, nice clean hole, no mess, top job!

Just wondering what everyone uses to power their bits though. Put mine in an 14volt cordless. Although this is slow and not mega powerful, its just a nice speed that doesn't get out of control.

However, was only drilling bumpy white ceramics. For anything thicker or harder, I'm guessing I'm going to need more power. What does everyone else drill with?

Cheers,

P

p4ulo

I've got a pair of Makita 18v old school drill-drivers, and 2 batteries. I could really do with another battery, but don't see the point in changing to Li-ion technology because I'd have to replace both drills too....
Batteries and stuff is cheap, and a body drill-driver was cheap as when I needed to get a second.

T

The D

Reaction score
Hitachi 18v 2 of those fancy new batteries and 30mins charger. Great when you rock up to board a bathroom and find both batteries are dead. Like I did tonight. Quick boost owner on the charger while cutting boards and good to go. ;)

D

dave l and l

dewalt 18 v . old driver was really good, recently bought 18 v dewalt from trade point. both the batteries are poor 1.5 a h dont last at all, going to buy a couple of decent batteries for it ..

OP
A

ANDY F

TF
Reaction score
Get the impression that the cordless is generally the way to go. Will wait till mine burns out then invest in a 18v jobbie

O

Old Mod

Like Julian, for the main, variable speed grinder for me, nice slow start and loads of grunt!
And an SDS for my less common size bits.
Oh and don't lend your drill bit's to the plumber either, they nause them up very quickly! Grrrrrr

Reply to What Drives Your Drill Bits in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock