Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss What brand of wet cutting blade? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

DS_96

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone

I was kindly given an older used Rubi ND180 smart wet cutter, it’s not in the best condition but it works and will do me for a while as I’m just starting out.

I’ve taken the disc out as it needs replacing. I’m just looking for some advice on whether you think stick to Rubi wet cutting discs or are there other brands that are a much better choice? The cutter takes a 180mm disc with a 22.2mm bore.
Any advice would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Dan👍

Tony_C

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I'd recommend and ATS blade for it, had one in my cutter for over a year now and it still cuts through porcelain and quartz with no issues. That cutter isn't rated well for heavy use on harder materials like porcelain so a better blade will help with that :thumbsup:

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
eBay, red turbo thin blades, been using them for a while, mostly come direct from China.
Cheap.
Not had any problems yet.

Runs, hides, takes cover.

OP
D

DS_96

-
Reaction score
I'd recommend and ATS blade for it, had one in my cutter for over a year now and it still cuts through porcelain and quartz with no issues. That cutter isn't rated well for heavy use on harder materials like porcelain so a better blade will help with that :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help Tony👍
[automerge]1575796021[/automerge]
eBay, red turbo thin blades, been using them for a while, mostly come direct from China.
Cheap.
Not had any problems yet.

Runs, hides, takes cover.
Thanks Boggs, I’ll have a look into these👍

Reply to What brand of wet cutting blade? in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock