Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss What adhesive should I buy to apply kerdi membrane in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
What member type are you?
Homeowner
I know it has to be unmodified but which one is it? I usually use bal, and schluter says to use unmodified thin set. Which is an American term for adhesive? Thanks for the help!

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Advent Win
Reactions
2,298 1
Oh I don’t know, maybe looked on the wrong site. On the UK one it says “bonding adhesive”. But which one should I use? It’s for a plasterboard wall.
You have look on the .com site. You can use C2 to S1 rapid set.

3_fall

Admin
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
26,944 92 2
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
Installations spec for Kerdi Keba from Schluter Uk

For a waterproof install a mix of tile adhesive and Kerdi Coll waterproof adhesive.
with Schluter, if you don’t follow spec to letter, forget warranty.

Steve Eldredge

TF
Supporter
Reactions
40 1
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler
From the Schluter wetroom course - any adhesive that's suitable for the substrate you are bonding to.

Reply to What adhesive should I buy to apply kerdi membrane in the Tiling Forum | Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Click here to support the forum/remove ads
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.