Discuss Wetroom vinyl flooring corners in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
H

hamish1966

Hi folks,
Im in the process of creating my first wetroom with vinyl flooring instead of tiles. The vinyl (Altro saftery flooring) has been laid by a subcontractor and looks fine. My only dissapointment was the corners, which I expected to be welded like the seam running up the middle of the floor but instead it seems to have been sealed with your bog standard tranclucent mastic. I am worried that in time this might discolour or even leak but the flooring fitter said welding of corners is not normally done due to possiblility of scorching vinyl in corners which would look messy. Having said that they are going to reseal corners with a colour coded mastic which should look better. Anyone flooring experts out there that could give me some advice, also is this something I could train up on and do myself in future or is it best to leave to the experts?:thumbsup:

Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor

nybor62

TF
Reactions
You must be logged in to see the message.

S

Scott

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

E

easyt

H

hamish1966

nybor62

TF
Reactions

T

tfs

T

tfs

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reactions
857 6

Reply to Wetroom vinyl flooring corners in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

TileFix Direct
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.