Discuss Wetroom vinyl flooring corners in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

H

hamish1966

Hi folks,
Im in the process of creating my first wetroom with vinyl flooring instead of tiles. The vinyl (Altro saftery flooring) has been laid by a subcontractor and looks fine. My only dissapointment was the corners, which I expected to be welded like the seam running up the middle of the floor but instead it seems to have been sealed with your bog standard tranclucent mastic. I am worried that in time this might discolour or even leak but the flooring fitter said welding of corners is not normally done due to possiblility of scorching vinyl in corners which would look messy. Having said that they are going to reseal corners with a colour coded mastic which should look better. Anyone flooring experts out there that could give me some advice, also is this something I could train up on and do myself in future or is it best to leave to the experts?:thumbsup:

N

nybor62

TF
Reactions
your fitter is talking rubbish corners are all ways welded with matching colour.i have recently done a large nursing home all vinyl flooring, they lay all the vinyl leaving a small joint in the corners . then a team would come round and weld all the joints, dont let him tell you other wise:if you look in my albums theres one with prime life nursing home, one of the pics shows the joint they left in the corner , wish id took pics after they welded the joint:thumbsup:

P

Phil Hobson

TF
Reactions
230 1
As above Altro should always be welded, your fitter is taking the mick:mad2:

D

DHTiling

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi folks,
Im in the process of creating my first wetroom with vinyl flooring instead of tiles. The vinyl (Altro saftery flooring) has been laid by a subcontractor and looks fine. My only dissapointment was the corners, which I expected to be welded like the seam running up the middle of the floor but instead it seems to have been sealed with your bog standard tranclucent mastic. I am worried that in time this might discolour or even leak but the flooring fitter said welding of corners is not normally done due to possiblility of scorching vinyl in corners which would look messy. Having said that they are going to reseal corners with a colour coded mastic which should look better. Anyone flooring experts out there that could give me some advice, also is this something I could train up on and do myself in future or is it best to leave to the experts?:thumbsup:

This shows how it should be done..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LVRQ9GQ4cU]YouTube - welding internal and external mitres[/ame]

The flooring forum linked to above is our sister forum.. and good lads on there ....just ask the 2 mods on there for any help you need.:thumbsup:

S

Scott

Id never seen how that was done, cheers Dave. Although i dont like it as its best left in pub toilets i think

whitebeam

whitebeam

Arms
Reactions
2,787 3
Talking to one company and 80% of wet room trays they do are vinyled

H

hamish1966

Cant argue with that Dave, those corners look very neat:smilewinkgrin: Thanks very much for the link:thumbsup:

H

hamish1966

Thanks everyone for your comments, havent paid for job yet so the cards are in my hand:lol:

H

hamish1966

Hmmm, he did have the tools but didnt have a clue how to use them:incazzato:Has anyone seen anything like this b4?
IMG_3952.jpg

Reply to Wetroom vinyl flooring corners in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.