Discuss Wetroom Tanking with NoMorePly and Mira in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

travispuk

Hello, first post from DIYer... sorry.

I have laid down 6mm NoMorePly sheets onto 18mm ply using Mega Adhesive and screws. I also have Mira 4400 tanking membrane plus Mira Safecoat. I have seen a lot of people here on the forums point out that PVA should not be used for priming the NoMorePly boards, so my question is, I have Mira 4180 primer, I assume that this is not PVA based and therefore will not cause an issue being used on the NoMorePly boards? Should I not be using that and going for SBR primer instead?

The only place I have used PVA in my wetroom is to bond the brickwork before using a flexible tile adhesive to fix 12mm NoMorePly boards to it, therefore no direct PVA contact with the boards themselves.

I can't see anything about the mira 4180 primer being PVA based or that it should not be used in this situation.

Thanks for your help.

W

White Room

Why would you prime the no more ply boards as they are cement based anyway.....

T

travispuk

Purely because the Mira instructions advise that the surfaces are primed with 4180 before using the 4400 membrane. I have the primer already, but was just concerned that using it on the NMP would cause a problem as the comments I have seen here seem to be pretty hard on the do not use PVA, naturally I was concerned reading this and not knowing the base of the 4180 primer.

Reply to Wetroom Tanking with NoMorePly and Mira in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks