Discuss Wetroom shower screen - expensive? Should we get coating? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

Morgan Ereku

I'm after a wetroom screen for mum's bathroom.

We wanted a tall wetroom screen, but didn't realise they'd be quite so costly.

£260 for hardened glass that measures 2250mm x 880mm x 10mm.

The coating which is supposed to help with cleaning and limescale is an extra £110.

So a total £370.

Is the coating necessary? Does it really make much of a difference?

Cheers

W

Waluigi

Anti calcium coating is usually standard on a lot of panels.

Look at cassellie- they are one of the most reasonable on the market, especially online. Have a look at heat and Plumb. They have various brands, cassellie isn’t advertised but the type with the code ‘CAL’ are cassellie.

Whether the anti calcium coating is necessary or not depends on the hardness of water in the area you live and/or whether you have a water softener.

W

Waluigi

I have a link to a suitable screen but I’m not sure if I’m allowed to post it. Awaiting confirmation either way.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Is there a reason you need it at that size?

An off the shelf screen would be much cheaper but would be 8mm glass 1950-2000 x 900 but would save you at least £150.

Reply to Wetroom shower screen - expensive? Should we get coating? in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks