Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet underfloor heating and Karndean/Amtico flooring in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All, I'm new to the forum and not in the trade, so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm looking to install wet underfloor heating using polypipe overlay plus system (18mm) and then looking to finish with a karndean/Amtico floor finish.
I need some advice on:
  • what goes on top of the underfloor polypipe overlay plus (screed, cement board, ply?? ) in preparation for the Karndean/Amtico.
  • what thickness does it need to be?
  • any other considerations?

Also, there are some areas that I won't be doing underfloor heating (due to cost) but left with the dilemma of uneven floors. Therefore my question is:
- can I use say 20/22mm ply, insulation boards?? To level up the floor to continue my karndean/Amtico floor finish??

Subfloor : floorboards
Coverage Size : circa 100sq/m
Areas: Kitchen, cloakroom and hallway

M

MiriamT

Hi, did you ever find answers to this? I'm in exactly the same boat with the same questions! our builder and floorer seem to have conflicting advice

Reply to Wet underfloor heating and Karndean/Amtico flooring in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock