Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss wet room tiler recommendations please in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

C

Cold Eagle

Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi there,
i was not sure if i should put this in find a tiler section as i was more hoping the regulars might be able to point me in the right direction to ensure i do not end up with a cowboy. i have seen numerous post saying it is such as shame people do not ask on here first as it would have avoided all the problems.

i have a downstairs wet room that needs a floor to enable to to be used (again). i understand my only options are the 'useless' vinyl or tile and these seem to be costing roughly the same which surprised me. It is nigh impossible to find someone (local) to provide a quote let alone actually turn up at the agreed time to do so. So I am turning to the sister forums for help; as you have all been so kind in the past when I have asked for help and I need this job doing right.

I am looking for a reliable tiler(s) who will be able to provide a quote for tile a wet room bathroom floor. This was previously covered in the vinyl type stuff (cant recall the proper name atm) however this was letting water through when we purchased the house. I have since pulled this up and allowed the room to dry. I believe the current drain is the vinyl type but understand that this can be converted to take a tile floor by changing the top bit.

Is there a regular I can PM my location to for contact? or is my best (and most reliable) option to pop it in the thread?

Oh and if there are any other wet room floor alternatives I would be grateful if you could suggest them. I had considered attempting this myself however given it is a ground floor wet room i think i would be out of my depth as i have never tiled before!

many thanks

Reply to wet room tiler recommendations please in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock