Discuss Wet Room Flat Metro Opinions Needed! *Pictures* in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi guys
Would appreciate any opinions or advice on the below 3 pictures please:

Tiles 100x200 flat metro with 2mm spacers
Red Lines are 90 Degree internal corners, white bit is the window

As you walk into the room the middle wall is directly infront with the window to the left and the full wall to the right

Option 1:
Full tile at top and bottom of window, however annoying slither at the top
Middle wall is also not balanced
39522350_10160989217440457_2168370490572275712_o.jpg

Option 2:
No full tile/cuts around window, middle wall not balanced
39906014_10160989217430457_2099494492343107584_o.jpg

Option 3:
Same as option 2 but with middle wall balanced
39760607_10160989217300457_1966756921742458880_o.jpg

O

On one

If you set out with full tile and your floor runs down you will have to cut slivers. Likewise the ceiling......cut slivers.
Yet to see a floor or a ceiling that was within a couple of mil of being level.

O

Old Mod

You’re being too literal with the rules of setting out Adam.
Allow yourself a little artistic licence.
Whilst wrapping tiles around corners is a correct method.
There’s nothing to say the wrap has to be mm perfect.
You can lengthen or shorten tiles a little and it won’t be noticeable to the eye, only the tape measure.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

Waluigi

Get yourself a timber batten nearly the same height as the floor to ceiling and draw along its length where the tiles and grout joints will go (the horizontal grout joints I mean) Then ping a horizontal laser line around the room and offer up a grout joint to the laser line to see where you are with everything. Adjust the laser line to suit.

Pay particular attention to the floor and ceiling joint.

It’s sometimes better to check things out in the flesh than on a computer. What works on a screen might not work in reality.

From the floor to the ceiling on a perfectly Plumb wall will be the shortest possible distance. On a wall that’s out of Plumb, the distance is increased.

K

Kieks

You’re being too literal with the rules of setting out Adam.
Allow yourself a little artistic licence.
Whilst wrapping tiles around corners is a correct method.
There’s nothing to say the wrap has to be mm perfect.
You can lengthen or shorten tiles a little and it won’t be noticeable to the eye, only the tape measure.

I was going to post this, although in all honesty I never shorten the wrap. I’ll only lengthen the wrap, an I tend to keep it below a quarter of the overall tile length.

Reply to Wet Room Flat Metro Opinions Needed! *Pictures* in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks