Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet cutter not cutting in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
My wheel has pretty much ground to a halt, refusing to cut any more that an inch or so of porcelain without a struggle.
It's nowhere near worn out so I'm assuming it's gotten coated with something maybe. I've used one of those cleaning blocks in the past but didn't feel it was really helping much.
Has anyone else had this and found an effective way to sort it out?

OP
P
Reaction score
It's a Vitrix cutter with a Ruby CPC Pro blade. The porcelain is any porcelain that I try to cut. I appreciate it's a cheap cutter but it's always worked fine with decent quality new blade.

Reaction score
Google dimond blade dressing!

Cutting procelain makes the blade go blunt because it's not abrasive enough to wear the steel away and expose fresh diamonds.

To dress the blade, cut something abrasive, like a grinding wheel for a bench grinder. Do it dry. At a push, some bricks/blocks etc will work.

If the blade is really bad, I found that I had to recover it by grinding it with an angle grinder, while it's spinning in a pillar drill on slow speed. Obviously it will eat the grinding disc pretty quick. Trick is to grind the edge, edge on at 90 degrees with the grinder and make sure you grind the edge dead square.

Also make sure the blade is mounted in the pillar drill dead centre.

By the way, those cleaning blocks are only any use, if you use them all the time, as in after every other cut. They are so small, they don't remove enough steel. Using a cheap grindstone gives you much more material to cut through.

Even using the grinder as shown below, takes a while to get the diamonds back. You'll get through half the grinding disc recovering the blade.

This is only to recover a knackered blade. Once it's cutting ok, then dress regularly with normal method - cut something abrasive, dry, every so often.

Untitled.jpg

Reply to Wet cutter not cutting in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock