Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Wet cutter for mitre joints. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

stuff

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All, my first post, so be gentle :)

I’ve been off the tools for a number of years, but the time has come to get them back together and redo my bathroom. I’ve lost touch with the tilers I used when I used to fit kitchens but to be honest I never thought they were as good as what they charged. So I’ve decided to take on the tile myself this time. We’ve picked a 316mm x 900mm ceramic wall tile and I want to mitre the edges instead of using tile trim. It doesn’t make sense to hire one, as by the time I’ve finished the bathroom – evenings and weekends - I could have bought one. There are quite a few out there and I don’t know where to start. Can anyone recommend a decent well priced wet tile saw that can cut a 900mm tile?

Thanks in advance!

OP
S

stuff

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.:thumbsup:

I have an angle grinder that I used to use when tile kitchens. I found it the best way to scribe and cut out electrical sockets. I’m not sure I could keep a clean line on a 900 tile free hand. I’d also be worried about going too thin on the tile edge. Do you get a better finish with a wet blade rather than a dry one?

Reply to Wet cutter for mitre joints. in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock