Discuss Wedi vs Delta Boards in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

YT233

TF
Reaction score
Hi All,

Pleases can you advise which is the superior product Wedi or delta?

Is it a matter of personal preference, or are there certain characteristics of one that is better then the other?

F

Flintstone

There are many brands all very similar, but wedi is probably the best of its sort, and the original. But delta board is a good board.

B

Blunt Tool

Hi All,

Pleases can you advise which is the superior product Wedi or delta?

Is it a matter of personal preference, or are there certain characteristics of one that is better then the other?
Wedi, Delta, Marmox, Jackoboard etc are all very similar and as above Wedi the original and very good only one imo superior to this is Schluter Kerdi board, but at a premium price.

B

Blunt Tool

Do I use Schluter Kerdi board no, cannot justify to a customer price which can be near 4 times as much as a trade tile insulation board and no stockists near either so pointless

YT233

TF
Reaction score
No that's fair enough. I am just trying to figure out the differences in quality.

So far between wedi and kerdi, Wedi has fibreglass and cement Kerdi does not, so Wedi is hazardous when cut?? Also Kerdi board is vapour resistant, but the normal wedi board is not.

F

Flintstone

Kerdi has waterproof core and waterproof fleece coating, wedi just has waterproof core and cement coating

O

One Day

Kerdi has waterproof core and waterproof fleece coating, wedi just has waterproof core and cement coating

Wedi's cement face is better than some of the cheaper ones though.
Unless the application is commercial, i.e. in use 24/7/365 the boards are all much of a muchness.
Incidentally, Kerdi isn't classed as vapour proof (yet) without Kerdi DS membrane over the top.
Wedi isn't either without treatment, but in both cases for normal domestic use, they might as well be.

F

Flintstone

I’ve used some insulation boards that have been poor quality, with a fibreglass type of grid was peeling off, unevenly coated etc.

Reply to Wedi vs Delta Boards in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks