Discuss Wedi/kerdi/jacko/dukka/marmox - Any Real Difference? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

igro49

Hello,
A bit confused with variety of XPS backer boards. Wedi, Kerdi, Jacko, Dukka, Marmox - is there any real difference in quality between them? I have used Wedi before, it is great, but it is twice more expensive. I will use it for porcelain tiles on the walls, if it makes any difference.
Any advice?

O

One Day

Kerdi is the best in my opinion. The cement face on all but Kerdi board is a divider - some guys think it makes them stronger, better to tile to...
I prefer the ease of install with Kerdi - very easy to cut. The outer surface is totally waterproof unlike the cement face of other boards.
Whatever you pick, you must tape and seal all joints and fasteners.
I like Kerdi best but I install far more Wedi and Jacko as it's more readily available.

Reaction score
Hello,
A bit confused with variety of XPS backer boards. Wedi, Kerdi, Jacko, Dukka, Marmox - is there any real difference in quality between them? I have used Wedi before, it is great, but it is twice more expensive. I will use it for porcelain tiles on the walls, if it makes any difference.
Any advice?

I know this is a bit of an ancient post I am replying to, however, I came here as it was asking the question I wanted to ask and popped up in my search. I have now found an article which might be very useful to the next person:

So I'll just leave that here.

L

loadmaster

In europe CE is required and therefore the product has to be officialy tested. wedi and schluter are the only one with the official test documents. The other XPS tilerboards are not allowed to be sold as waterproof solution.

Reply to Wedi/kerdi/jacko/dukka/marmox - Any Real Difference? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks