Discuss Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hmtiling

Ok - So it’s not worth doing any polls then !
I can only quote what the forum users are using - that’s the purpose. It’s for those who may wish to express a preference and my post was in response to your claim that Weber may be suffering in their market share. Clearly still being 2nd would mean that the opinions of others is just as important.
Yes John, that's exactly what I said 'it's not worth doing any polls'

W

Waluigi

Under 2% of the forums 5435 members decided to vote in this years poll which was almost double the amount who voted last year.

I’m not sure we can really draw any conclusions either way.

T

Time's Ran Out

Conclusion -
1) 24% of those members who expressed a preference voted for their adhesive choice.
2) 17% of those members who expressed a preference voted for their adhesive choice.

Poll is still open.
2017 poll had Weber at 16+ %.

I

Italy

do you use c2 sticker on ufh?
I do not remember having done it yet.
I always use a s1, I always thought
that was not good c2 .....
but if it was written on the bag ....

H

hmtiling

Some C2's say fine for ufh and overboarded floors others can't be used on ufh or even on tanking. I very rarely use c2

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is utter bullsh1t..
It stated VERY clearly on the FRONT of the bag suitable for UFH with no mention anywhere of having to add, addmix, and I read every part of those bags with a fine tooth comb..
Even my supplier told me it was definitely suitable for UFH ..
I've just taken this picture off the net..
IMG_20190213_171644.jpg

How much clearer doses it need to be..??
Uses 'heated floors'.
Like Julian I've tiled a fair few heated floors with this adhesive, and should I get a failure I will be expecting Weber to foot the repair bill .!!
And I will never recommend or use Weber Adhesive again...

T

Tile Shop

I'm very confused, as there are many manufacturers of C2 adhesives that say it is suitable. Bal, Ardex, Norcros, Palace, Mapei, Ultra, and several others, all produce C2 adhesives and claim suitability for UFH.

All very well the standards saying C1S1 minimum, but if a manufacturer is prepared to test it and stick a guarantee on their products, I don't see the problem. C2 should have more than enough flexibility to cater for a tiny bit of expansion. There is no need for it being deformable.

I would suggest Weber test the C2 Set Plus on UFH and if it works (which I'm sure it will), endorse it as everyone else does. Otherwise, I'm sure you'll see sales plummet.

I've questioned Bal who are clinically "by the book". See what their explanation is tomorrow.

F

Flintstone

I tiled onto a heated screed last year with this adhesive which was supplied by a local tile outlet for this purpose ( supplied by customer )

Reaction score
I was once told (possibly by a BAL rep - but cannot be 100% sure) that C2 is fine for wet UFH but S1 is recommended for electric. I have never seen this written on any bags or in any tech sheets - so it might just be an urban myth. Maybe it is more prone to failure with a 200w mat with the faster warm up times - but I'm no scientist.

I only really sell S1 - it's only £1 more expensive per bag - no brainer in my opinion.

Thankfully, it would appear, I don't sell Weber!

D

Dumbo

I was once told (possibly by a BAL rep - but cannot be 100% sure) that C2 is fine for wet UFH but S1 is recommended for electric. I have never seen this written on any bags or in any tech sheets - so it might just be an urban myth. Maybe it is more prone to failure with a 200w mat with the faster warm up times - but I'm no scientist.

I only really sell S1 - it's only £1 more expensive per bag - no brainer in my opinion.

Thankfully, it would appear, I don't sell Weber!
Good approach for £1 per bag why wouldn't you .

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All of this S1 for this C2 for that....

Fact is if I buy a tin of bean's and open the tin, I expect to see bean's..

I liked using Weber, mainly for all the reasons some didn't trust it, cleans off the tiles easy and your tools, why make life hard for yourself...

However I to had a niggling feeling about using it with UFH, but after asking many questions about it to my supplier, research on the net, reading every square inch of the bag, even posted a thread on here a couple years ago about it...!
Everything was saying ..... it's absolutely fine to use with UFH .......
Or I definitely wouldn't of used it...

I

Italy

I forgot, sorry ...
but nolimits kerakoll became a C2,
initially S1 changed to C2.
so I often use a C2 on ufh.

Reply to Weber set plus suitable with underfloor heating or not? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks