Discuss Waterproofing Shower Room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

woodsy5

TF
Reaction score
What do people recommend to waterproof shower room. Would you go with cement based boards or backer polystyrene boards?

We are also having underfloor heating and would like advise on what to put on the floor as we are not going to have a shower screen. Originally we was just gonna have 6mm backerboards put down.

Thanks

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Used these thermopanel boards on my recent installs easy to work with and 100 percent waterproof . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190817-200416.png
    401.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20190817-200509.png
    377.8 KB · Views: 12

Tile Fix Direct

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
If you are putting UFH then the polystyrene boards have the advantage of providing insulation which will improve the speed the heating and maintaining heat in the room. While 6mm will work, I would suggest 10mm or thicker to maximise the insulation value. I suggest you waterproof the joints and floor/wall interface with the liquid Orbry tape/compound. For walls the insulation also has value as it will reduce condensation on the tiles and reduce the risk of mouldy grout, and it will help keep the room warmer. Read wall fixing instructions though.

Reply to Waterproofing Shower Room in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks